- Sunday, 7:45 am - Blended Service
- Sunday, 11:15 am - Blended Service (Children's Service happening simultaneously)
- Sunday, 4 pm - Spanish-Speaking
- Sunday, 7:30 pm - Contemporary Service
In 1964, with 21 charter members, Bronx Bethany Church was formally organized and became affiliated with the Church of the Nazarene. In the first 13 years of the church, Rev. Cole commuted from Connecticut (Approximately 60 miles each way), in order to ensure the establishment of the fledgling church. Rev. Cole tirelessly and effectively pastored this congregation for 36 years before retiring and turning over the pulpit in 2000 to Rev. Dr. Samuel Vassel. Dr. Vassel was installed as Pastor in September 2000 and has continued the legacy of rich Bible preaching begun by Dr. Cole. The Church continues to grow spiritually and numerically and God has gifted our community with an abundance of gifts.
Mission and Values
- Providing access to God's grace for everyone.
- Responding compassionately and practically to human need in the name of Christ
- Being a redemptive influence in the Bronx and the world to the glory of God.
What We Believe
- in one God-the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit.
- the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith & Christian living.
- man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.